If it moves, it dies.
By JIM ALABASTRO
CAT lovers will naturally gravitate toward Neko Atsume, an addictive game available free for Android and IOS devices.
The object of the game is simple enough: get cats to visit your home by setting out food and toys for them. In this strange universe, the cats say thanks by leaving you silver or gold sardines, with which you can buy more food and toys for them.
When you’re starting out, it’s easy enough. Just offer some free cat food (Thrifty Bitz) and photograph the felines that visit. In this way, you’ll gradually fill up your cat album. But there are almost 50 cats to collect, and some of them are choosy in terms of what they will eat and the toys they like. Once you’ve accumulated enough sardines, you can buy the fancier foods (Frisky Bitz, Ritzy Bitz, Bonito Bitz, Deluxe Tuna Bitz, and Sashimi) to attract the rare cats. You can also buy toys that appeal to them. For example, Conductor Whiskers obviously goes for the Cardboard Choo-choo.
If you’d like to speed up your quest for those rare cats, here is what we know about their toy preferences. Generally, all of them like the more expensive foods.
* Joe DiMeowgio likes the Baseball.
* Senor Don Gato likes the Mister Mouse.
* Xerexes IX will only go on the Zanzibar Cushion. Hang on to the cushion even after you’ve taken his photo. He’s a big tipper.
* Chairman Meow likes the Earthenware Pot.
* Saint Purtrick likes the Silk Crepe Pillow.
* Ms. Fortune likes the Cardboard House.
* Bob the Cat will go to the top of a Cat Metropolis.
* Conductor Whiskers needs the Cardboard Choo-choo to be happy.
* Mr. Meowgi loves the Scratching Log.
* Lady Meow-Meow gravitates towards the Luxurious Hammock
* Guy Furry loves the Heating Stove.
* Kathmandu likes the Lacquered Bowl.
* Ramses the Great likes the Tent (Pyramid). Strangely enough, he is said to like anything but sashimi.
* Sassy Fran likes to occupy the Cardboard Cafe.
* Billy the Kitten, of course, needs his Cowboy Hat.
* Frosty likes any of the cushions or the Bureau with Pot.
That’s about it. Good luck with your cat collecting!
* Meow Project makes cat cartoons that will stick with you